Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'd wandered around the field across from the school

I'd wandered around the field across from the school
a couple times with her. The porous pages I start
to read in the dusk, the Sun rays are departing
on the dull horizon. I put my foot in a pool

of water near the tree line, she's submerged too
in leagues of moisture. I feel the beating heart
of stars in the new evening, maybe it's the hurt
of history that is fluctuating. Are those balloons

or clouds in the shadows? She lines her eyes with black
and reveals her breast, I see the lights that lead
the Moon in its orbit. The sky is a broad slate

of black, she loosens the binds giving some slack
around my wrists. I can hear the crush of the dead
leaves under my feet and I wonder if it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment