Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beloved, your speech, your lovely face, your hair

Beloved, your speech, your lovely face, your hair
that dances so colorfully about your eyes
and cheeks. Beloved, the sacred textured hair

that falls in curls and streams across your breast
and rests on your warm skin. Your stretched neck
reminds me of the viola, your wet dark eyes
pierce a poet's heart. I've grabbed your neck
with outstretched fingers, held your soft breast

as if it were fruit. The dancing length of hair
unveils God's mysteries, the deep gazing eyes
annihilate my self. Into your falling hair

I've sunk my nose and mouth, across your breast
I've moved my lips. The way you bend your neck
to see the birds that nest under the eyes
of heaven! The way the egret's long white neck
is reflected by the water. Your soft breast

is heaving with your breath, the brown hair
is tossed and messy. Beloved, look in my eyes
and reveal your unfailing love. Set your hair

in place before the storm and move your legs
in subtle choreographies. Your softened hips
receive me like the Moon's swelling breast
accumulates the Sun. I'm kissing your neck
the way I drink the bayou water, your breasts
heave in the morning light. Beloved, your hips
will bear the wild ideas of our dancing legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment